One of my absolute favorite quick meals for Sunday meal-prep day would have to be curried chicken salad. All of the flavors and textures mix so well together, it ends up being a treat for my lunch all week long. Although I tend to stick to the recipe posted below, I love to mix it up with new ingredients and textures. Make this on a Sunday (and if it lasts) you’ll have an easy grab and go lunch all week long.
Serve this on whole wheat crackers, in lettuce wraps, in baby bell peppers or a tomato, or just eat it on its own!
Curried Chicken Salad
- Meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (skin removed)
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup of red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or mayo…or 1/2 mayo, 1/2 yogurt)
- 1/2 cup loose cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Prep all of the meat, veggies, and fruit
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and spices. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- Mix in meat, fruits, and veggies.
- Stir well until combined.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
*Will keep for about 5 days covered in refrigerator.