How is it already August?! Summer is flying by and I don’t want it to end! Being that watermelon is an iconic summer fruit, for me this salad wraps up some of the summer flavors in a nutshell (or should I say, a watermelon rind). Quick and easy to make, this recipe is perfect for a picnic, BBQ, or as a refreshing snack while you’re sitting on the porch drinking a tall glass of delicious _______.
Soak up the last few weeks of heat and enjoy these essential summer flavors!
Watermelon Salad with Goat Cheese and Basil
- 1 personalized watermelon
- 4-5 oz of crumbled goat cheese
- 4-6 sprigs of basil, leaves removed and cut in a chiffonade style
- Cut watermelon in half. Using a melon-baller, scoop ball shapes out of the watermelon and set them aside in another bowl. Once most of the watermelon balls are removed, scrape out the extra melon flesh and place in tupperware for another use (Watermelon Margaritas anyone?).
- Add the crumbled goat cheese to the bowl with the watermelon balls and gently toss. Make sure not to let the goat cheese melt or smear.
- Add the mixture back to the hollowed out watermelon “bowl”, garnish with basil, and serve immediately