One of my absolute favorite quick meals for Sunday meal-prep day would have to be curried chicken salad. All of the flavors and textures mix so well together, it ends up being a treat for my lunch all week long. Although I tend to stick to the recipe posted below, I love to mix it up with new ingredients and textures. Make this on a Sunday (and if it lasts) you’ll have an easy grab and go lunch all week long.
Serve this on whole wheat crackers, in lettuce wraps, in baby bell peppers or a tomato, or just eat it on its own!
Curried Chicken Salad
- Meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (skin removed)
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup of red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or mayo…or 1/2 mayo, 1/2 yogurt)
- 1/2 cup loose cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Prep all of the meat, veggies, and fruit
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and spices. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- Mix in meat, fruits, and veggies.
- Stir well until combined.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
*Will keep for about 5 days covered in refrigerator.
Holy Moly! The last week has been utterly amazing! I was fortunate enough to spend the last 7 days with my wonderful boyfriend, enjoying the sunny beaches of Cabo San Lucas. We ate, drank, swam, explored, danced, socialized, relaxed, and total rejuvenated ourselves.
As much as I would love to be on vacation forever, it feels good to be back home and back in the kitchen! While it was lovely being able to have food at a moments notice at our all-inclusive resort, I definitely missed my homemade meals and having more healthy options. Now that we’re back, I’m ready to get back to cooking, meal prepping, and eating clean!
As I designed my meal plan for the week, I wanted to incorporate foods and recipes inspired by our trip. Ceviche, seared fish and salad, guacamole, tomatillo salsa, and spicy “pulled” chicken are all on the menu this week and I can’t wait for all the yummy, fresh, goodness.
While this recipe isn’t “Mexican” per se, it does incorporate fresh mango. While mangos are mostly found in India and Asia, most of those sold in the US come from our southern neighbors in Mexico. This clean and fresh recipe fuses whole grains, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats. Pair this with grilled flank steak or fish and you have a deliciously balanced and nutritious meal!
Quinoa salad with mint, cashews, mango and a curry vinaigrette
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 6 springs of mint, leaves removed and minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix quinoa, mango, cashews, and mint in a bowl and gently toss with dressing.